Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Book Passage

Last night, Veronica and I spoke at Book Passage in Corta Madera, Ca. On the walls hung photos of Tom Brokaw, former presidents, and yes, Reba McEntire. It was an honor to speak at a bookstore where so many legendary authors have spoken before us.

Dana Kelly, our events coordinator and moderator, did a marvelous job introducing us. Tammy Rivara, my leadership and pre-calculus teacher from high school showed up - such a wonderful surprise! I love it when my former teachers get to see me in action. They made such a big impact on my life, and have contributed to the success of The Last Good War.

Below, Dana Kelly, events coordinator from Book Passage. He is a spectacular travel photographer as well!

Dave Licata's daughter talking to Veronica. See page 154 of The Last Good War to learn Mr. Licata's story. He was a medic in the Pacific, and saved numerous lives.
My dad giving me a celebratory handshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment