Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sonoma Reader's Books Event

The Sonoma event at Reader's Books was an emotional event for me. I was in my hometown of Sonoma  this past Monday, surrounded by 60 family and friends in support of The Last Good War. One of my first photography mentors, Ed Aiona, showed up; my 4th grade teacher and my high school photography teacher Mr. Mitchell (or Andy - he said I could call him by his first name now that I have been out of high school for 8 years) were in the crowd. Also my girlfriend's parents flew out from Palm Springs and Florida. I was the most nervous for this presentation because I wanted to impress everyone so much. As you can see in the video below, I am speaking a little fast.




Andy Mitchell my photo teacher from high school and I are in the below image. He told me I was not shooting nearly enough to get into the Cal Poly program when I was a senior in high school. He inspired me to shoot more. When I asked him a few years ago if he remembered the advice he gave me, he had no clue what I was talking about! I remember it like it happened yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment